Cycling Tourism Centre Finland (Network of Finnish Cycling Municipalities as hirer) is hiring a project manager for the South Coast Bikepacking Trail Project from 1st of December 2020 to the 31st of December 2021. A gravel road and single track based, around 1000 kilometre network of bicycle touring routes will be designed, tested and published in the areas of Uusimaa and Kymenlaakso.
The goal is the create a bikepacking route network, which takes an advantage of the wide public transportation system of the area, ideally allowing car-free access to every section of the route. You'll find the work application here.
The project manager has a crucial role in route designing and route scouting, additionally to the managerial and administrative tasks. The project is executed in co-operation with 13 cities and municipalities of the Uusimaa and Kymenlaakso area. The parties responsible for the results of the project execution are the City of Raasepori, the City of Porvoo and the Network of Finnish Cycling Municipalities.
We want, that
- Bikepacking is your passion and you have spent your holidays on a saddle, rather than at a beach resort
- You have a strong track record in project management
- You have excellent communications skills
Expertise is tourism and marketing, a relevant higher education degree, diverse background in cycling and fluency in Finnish, English and Swedish work for your advantage as well.
In return, we’ll give you
- Influential role in developing bicycle tourism in Finland
- Power to influence how the South Coast Bikepacking Trail route network will be like and how it will be marketed
- Diverse work tasks from project coordination in the office to route scouting in the woods
- High level of independence and flexibility in working methods and location
- A workmate with a background of a year bike tour and 4000km of route setting in South America and in the arctic regions.
- A supportive and laid back work community at Centre of Bicycle Touring Finland and Network of Finnish Cycling Municipalities
- Fixed-term work contract till the end of 2021.
South Coast Bikepacking Trail Project functions as a pilot for developing a countrywide bikepacking route network. If the project results are encouraging, there could be a possibility to continue in a similar capacity in further projects from 2022 onwards. The starting of the work could be negotiated to January 2021 at least, if necessary.
Apply for the position by 11.59 pm on 23rd of November 2020.
Additional information from Taneli Roininen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone from +358400993960 during the working week from 11 am to 6 pm.